Joined the Hanwell case making workshop in 1922, aged 14. Quickly moved to the bow workshop as he was ” ..a promising young craftsman” .
Was transferred to bow restoration where he honed his skills. Left for war work at H.M. V Hayes factory, building wooden aircraft and returned to the Hill workshop in 1945.
Left in 1961 to set up his own workshop.
A prolific Maker who was awarded an M. B. E for his services to his craft.
His bows for Hill are stamped No 6.